Contract Attorneys in Lafayette Facilitating Business Success
We protect client interests through skilled drafting and determined litigation
At Becker & Hebert, our business attorneys offer a full range of contract services. Drawing on more than 82 years of combined legal experience and practical, industry-specific knowledge, our business lawyers provide the protection you need to defend your interests and achieve your business goals.
Our lawyers provide comprehensive services for all types of business and commercial contracts
Every aspect of your business enterprise is governed by one type of contract or another. At Becker & Hebert, our contract attorneys are ready to assist with any type of agreement, including:
- Business purchase and sale agreements
- Commercial and residential mortgages
- Commercial contracts for goods and services
- Construction contracts
- Employment contracts
- Ownership, partnership and shareholder agreements
- Loan agreements and lines of credit
- Intellectual property license agreements
- Insurance policies
- Nondisclosure agreements and covenants not to compete
- Real estate and equipment leases
- Real estate purchase and sales agreements
- Severance agreements
- Stock options
- Telecommunications service agreements
- Power supply contracts
- Electric, telecommunications, and video franchise agreements
- Fuel contracts
- Video programming contracts
- Retransmission consent agreements
Our business transaction attorneys handle a complete range of contract tasks, including:
- Negotiation — We work closely with you to understand your business goals so we can negotiate terms that advance those objectives.
- Drafting — We use clear, precise language to reflect your understanding of the transaction accurately and to ensure the terms are enforceable. Well-drafted contracts help our clients avoid future litigation that can arise from misunderstandings about the terms of performance.
- Review, maintenance and reformation — Our business attorneys provide general counsel services for small and medium-sized businesses that do not have in-house legal departments. In this capacity, we take proactive steps to review existing contracts to detect areas where terms should be updated to reflect current realities and reduce risks for our client. A timely reformation of a flawed or ambiguous contract can often save resources and preserve vital business relationships.
As a leading business law firm in Louisiana, we meticulously protect our clients’ interests in every transaction we oversee.
Experienced litigation of contract disputes
Becker & Hebert has vast experience with business and commercial contract disputes. Common contract disputes we manage include:
- Breach of employment contract — We represent companies and executive-level employees in disputes over either party’s alleged failure to perform under the terms of an employment contract. We also negotiate separation terms when the employer-employee relationship has been irreparably damaged.
- Breach of construction contract — We represent a wide range of stakeholders in construction litigation arising from parties’ alleged failure to perform in accordance with expectations.
- Breach of covenant not to compete — Conflicts often arise when separated employees go to work for rival companies. We advise companies that are trying to preserve a competitive advantage by protecting trade secrets, but we also counsel employees who have been unfairly prevented from continuing their careers.
Our firm takes proactive steps to resolve contract disputes before taking the case to court. Often, a misunderstanding can be corrected and documents can be updated to better reflect the intended agreement. Where an actual breach has occurred, we pursue appropriate remedies through negotiation, arbitration and mediation. Only when we have exhausted alternative means of dispute resolution do we prepare to take the case to court.
Contact our contract attorneys to protect your business interests
Becker & Hebert handles all types of contract services for companies throughout Louisiana. To learn how we can meet your transactional and litigation needs, schedule a free consultation today. Call us at 337-446-0278 or contact us online. We are conveniently located at 201 Rue Beauregard in Lafayette, on the corner of Kaliste Saloom Road and Rue Beauregard, just off U.S. 90.