About the Firm
Lafayette Business, Real Estate, and Government Attorneys Deliver Results
Comprehensive legal services for diverse clients throughout Louisiana
Founded in 1987 and based in Lafayette, Becker & Hebert provides a full complement of business, real estate, and government legal services for individual, corporate and municipal clients throughout Louisiana. Our lawyers employ a team approach to leverage our transactional and litigation experience on behalf of clients in a wide range of industries.
We provide dynamic representation focused on complete solutions
At Becker & Hebert, we take pride in our skill and our commitment to delivering exceptional client service. When you retain us, you get a legal team who is:
- Experienced — We are an established and prominent Louisiana law firm with more than 82 combined years of experience among our attorneys.
- Responsive — As your advocates, we focus sharply on your concerns and your goals. We listen attentively and gather the facts so that we can provide detailed advice and present options for a strategic course of action.
- Skillful — Whether we are drafting contracts, negotiating agreements or taking a dispute to court, you can trust our transactional and litigation skills to protect your interests and maximize the likelihood of a successful result.
At Becker & Hebert, we take the responsibility of managing your legal issues seriously. In every instance, we strive to provide cost-effective service and solutions that lead to a successful and lasting attorney-client relationship.
Areas of Practice
Highly proficient business, real estate, and government law firm serves all types of companies
We provide a complete range of business law services starting with formation and continuing with reliable advice throughout the life of the business. Areas we commonly handle include:
- Contracts — We negotiate, draft and review contracts to ensure your interests are protected in any agreements you enter.
- Mergers and acquisitions — If you want to grow your company through a merger or acquisition, our attorneys assist with due diligence to help you avoid pitfalls and realize the greatest value for the transaction. In addition to the wide array of industries we serve in this area of our practice, our lawyers have unique experience in the field of automobile dealership acquisitions.
- Construction law — Our firm manages all aspects of construction projects including contract negotiations, contractor and subcontractor agreements, materials contracts, financing arrangements and real estate issues.
- Employment law — Firm attorneys advise companies on state and federal laws regarding issues such as sexual harassment, discrimination, wage and hour matters, and whistleblower violations. We also handle employment contracts, executive compensation packages, ERISA and other employee benefit matters.
- Business disputes and litigation – We routinely provide advice and aggressive and proactive representation in all aspects of a business dispute, from negotiation on an amicable basis to diligent and effective pursuit of litigation as advocates. Recognizing the business impact of litigation, we routinely seek alternative ways to resolve business disputes and have extensive experience in mediation, arbitration, and other alternative dispute resolution methods.
Companies who are not in a position to hire in-house general counsel should strongly consider our firm as a useful means of meeting their legal needs.
We are accomplished litigators handling business, and commercial cases
Companies and individuals who require strong plaintiff or defense representation in business, or commercial
cases can rely on our firm. Cases we frequently handle involve:
- Breach of contracts
- Intellectual property rights
- Construction disputes
- Employment disputes
- Real estate disputes
- Executive compensation
- Regulatory compliance
- Noncompete agreements
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Shareholder, member and partnership conflicts
- Trade secret theft or misappropriation
- Eminent domain and expropriation
- Disputes involving governmental agencies
Through traditional negotiations, mediation and arbitration, we pursue cost-effective and timely conflict resolution. Regardless of the forum, we are committed to protecting your rights and advancing your interests. When justice requires taking your case to court, we are prepared to advocate diligently on your behalf.
Our full-service real estate law firm protects your property investment
Our firm manages all aspects of residential and commercial real estate
- Commercial and residential landlord-tenant issues
- Lease agreements
- Real estate closings
- Title and boundary issues
- Real Estate Disputes
Any tract of land is a unique asset. You can rely on our attorneys to safeguard your rights so you enjoy the greatest return possible on your investment.
Our knowledgeable attorneys practice municipal law throughout Louisiana
Becker & Hebert has extensive unique expertise representing Louisiana local governments, and those having business with those governments, in all facets of operation. Our practice in this area has included acting as chief legal officer to the handling of the most complex individual projects when outside counsel is needed. When our private clients need relief from a local governmental agency, our unique understanding of the internal workings of Louisiana local governments gives us the insight to open the right doors to seek effective solutions
Contact an established Louisiana business, litigation and real estate law firm to schedule a meeting
To learn more about how Becker & Hebert can meet your legal needs. Call us at 337-446-0278 or contact us online
to schedule an appointment. We are conveniently located at 201 Rue Beauregard in Lafayette, on the corner of Kaliste Saloom Road and Rue Beauregard, just off U.S. 90.