Lafayette Business Lawyers Providing Reliable and Effective Counsel
Our widespread experience benefits your company
Becker & Hebert is an established business and commercial law firm that provides essential guidance for small and large businesses and local governments across Louisiana. Drawing on more than 82 years of combined legal experience and in-depth, industry-specific knowledge, our attorneys advise business owners and officers on legal issues affecting every phase of operations. Our insight removes impediments to your success by alerting you to the potential implications of a course of action. When we counsel your company, we deliver value for our services by helping you avoid litigation and derive the greatest benefit possible from your business endeavors.
Dynamic Lafayette business law attorneys meet the legal needs of your business
Becker & Hebert often serves as general counsel for small to mid-sized companies who choose not to maintain in-house legal departments. Otherwise, we offer a wide array of services target to the business client faced with a critical transaction or dispute or who merely needs some sound legal advice. Services we most often provide include:
- Business formation — We provide guidance for choice of entity decisions, filings with the Secretary of State, tax planning, ownership agreements, capitalization, loans and lines of credit, company bylaws, company handbooks, real estate, land use and permitting, regulatory compliance and any other matters you need to get your enterprise up and running.
- Contract review and development — We negotiate terms and draft documents that protect your rights in any type of business or commercial exchange. We review your existing contracts to identify risks, so you can take prudent steps to implement contingencies or revise these agreements. Our detailed, practical knowledge of construction law enables us to represent landowners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, material suppliers and sureties on a full range of contract issues.
- Implementing a strategic plan — We work closely with your company’s owner or development officer to hone your strategic plan. Our firm assists with due diligence on mergers and acquisitions to identify areas of legal concern that could affect the value of the asset in question, applying legal and industry-specific knowledge to acquisitions, including assets in the maritime, aviation, and auto dealership sectors. We are adept at facilitating franchise agreements to help companies grow rapidly with minimal capital expenditure. If your plan calls for restructuring or downsizing, we provide step-by-step guidance to help you maximize the benefits and remain in compliance with applicable laws.
- Buying or selling a business — If you are an entrepreneur who has built a business and now wants to sell, our business attorneys can help you position the sale to derive the greatest value possible. Often with small, closely-held businesses, we assist in sales from owners to family members or key employees. We advise on business succession plans that help the company retain customer loyalty and brand value. We also represent buyers in negotiations as well as mergers and acquisitions.
- Disputes and litigation – While having the backing of a solid and aggressive litigation team is a necessity in any dispute, we also recognize the costs and delays inherent in the litigation process. We help place litigation in its proper perspective for our clients by helping them identify, assess, and avoid litigation risks in light of the client’s objectives, while providing effective and diligent representation throughout all phases of litigation when it is unavoidable. We are also well-versed in alternative dispute resolution methods, including negotiation, mediation and arbitration. Our skills and experience in our specific practice areas are brought to bear in the civil and commercial litigation process, providing our clients with a litigation team that is not only potent, but also understands the underlying subject matter.
Whatever your specific business goals, Becker & Hebert provides strategic solutions that are unique to you and your company’s needs.
Contact Lafayette business lawyers, Becker & Hebert for sound business counsel
Becker & Hebert provides trustworthy counsel for businesses of all sizes throughout Louisiana. To learn how we can meet your business’s legal needs, call us at 337-446-0278 or contact us online to schedule a consultation. We are conveniently located at 201 Rue Beauregard in Lafayette, on the corner of Kaliste Saloom Road and Rue Beauregard, just off U.S. 90.